Saturday, November 04, 2006

Short attention span? Try 60 Second Science!


For the longest time I have believed that I have ADD (attention deficit disorder). I further suspect that the United States is just chocked full of other ADD folks. I mean come on, our ancestors and those coming today were and are just impatient with where they are and just gotta move...

Well, I digress... I came across this wonderful "sound bites" of science hosted at the Scientific American Magazine web site. Yep, "60 Second Science" is just the prescription for those of us who find reading an entire science magazine is just too much effort.

Sciam.com, as they call themselves in their URL, provides both an RSS feed and the ever popular iTunes feed OR you can simply listen straight from the site. Check out the latest articles page and pick your method.

I find the "just over 60 second" broadcasts are the perfect distraction for those boring corporate meetings, while being able to answer when asked about your iPod earbuds ... "oh I am just listening to the latest Scientific American's podcast". Now, doesn't that just sound so intellectually snobbish? AND, you get to listen to something new every minute or so... for an ADD embracer, this is heaven.

Enjoy!

No comments: