Saturday, July 08, 2006

Next step, Feeds from Space becomes two instead of just one.

Today is July 8th, 2006. As part of moving to the next step, "Feeds from Space" is now a 50-50 proposition. As the Richard Show has its new editor, Feeds from Space has a new source of inspiration.

Today, I present a modified version of the "Blessings of the Apaches" that I read to my best friend today.

"Now we will feel no rain, for each of us will be shelter for the other.

Now we will feel no cold, for each of us will be warmth to the other.

Now there will be no loneliness, for each of us will be companion to the other.

Now we are two persons, but there is only one life before us.

May beauty surround us both in the journey ahead and through all the years, may happiness be our companion and our days together be good and long upon this earth.

We will treat ourselves and each other with respect, and remind ourselves often of what brought us together.

We will give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that our connection deserves.

When frustration, difficulty and fear assail our relationship – as they threaten all relationships at one time or another – we will remember to focus on what is right between us, not only the part which seems wrong.

In this way, we can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in our lives – remembering that even if we lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there.

And if each of us takes responsibility for the quality of our life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight."

Over these past years, I have known a friend like none I have ever known. Today, my best friend became my partner for life. She has brought to my life a love I have never known. Hopefully, I can return this love with enough care and tenderness to demonstrate how much she means to me.

Thank you for being Arlene. I love you.

No comments: