Sunday, May 15, 2005

Feeds from Space... the original

As odd as this may sound, I have discovered a little known, abandoned radio space telescope in of all places Kent, Washington. I know, how can this be? Got me, but there it was. To my surprise, all I needed to do was flip the switch and everything came alive.

I have decided to keep its location a secret, because it always seems that anything of substance gets turned in a commercial venture. It is extremely difficult to tune the station so that anything gets through. But as I find a way, I will share what is received.

To that end, I am sharing the first transmission.

Feeds from Space - May 14, 2005


click here to download


Details:
Feeds from Space by Handmade Enterprises films - Satellite broadcast "captured" on May 14, 2005
Music by BeatFreak via http://www.garageband.com/artist/BeAtFrEaK
Images via NRAO VLA collection additional attributions provided via VLA images page 1 and page 2
Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5

Enjoy!

No comments: